Boeing’s new 787 Dreamliner has received a lot of attention in recent months, in the aviation industry and elsewhere. You, the business traveler, certainly have an interest in the new plane as it may be the one getting you from Point A to Point B on your future business trips. Design News has every tiny bit of information you could possibly want on the aircraft at DesignNew.com/boeing.
Design News has interviewed Boeing’s top engineers, and posted a comprehensive Special Report examining the Boeing 787 Dreamliner’s engineering in-depth. The Special Report has a variety of exclusive stories, videos and podcasts, and offers readers an unprecedented inside look at Boeing’s newest and highly anticipated aircraft. The package will also take up 18 pages in the June 4 print edition of Design News.
According to the press release, “The mid-sized, wide-body Boeing 787 Dreamliners have racked up more than 500 orders, making it the most successful new large plane in history. It has been touted as the first major airliner to use composite material for half of its construction, and promises to be lighter, more comfortable, and more fuel-efficient than other airliners.”
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The Design News stories include:
- Two exclusive Design News Q&A interviews with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner’s chief engineer, Tom Cogan.
- A look at how the Boeing 787 Dreamliner represents a revolution in the use of composite materials.
- An examination of how the 787 Dreamliner’s electronics will create a smoother ride and reduce motion sickness.
- A report on how teams around the world used design tools to create individual components, sections and subsystems of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- Five podcasts featuring in-depth interviews with top Boeing engineers.