Hilton Hotels HHonors Members are in for a treat when they check in at Hilton Properties with the new Requests Upon Arrival service. The program has been around since way back in 2006, but has recently been revamped allowing all travelers to personalize their trips in advance by selecting from a range of individual choices. What can you get with this service? Requests Upon Arrival includes complimentary in-room offerings, paid snacks and beverages and enjoyable products, services and upgrades. Via the online porthole, you can arrange for certain items to be in your room before you even hit the door, at any one of Hilton’s 265 participating hotels across the U.S.
“The expansion of Hilton Requests Upon Arrival allows us to anticipate all of our guests’ needs and provide them with options to help them make the most of their stays,” said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president – brand management, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. “Whether it’s additional down pillows and towels, birthday balloons and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting in-room or an instant upgrade to a suite with a gorgeous view, travelers can use the service to create their own personalized experience.”
The program is made up of the following three categories:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Complimentary: This section includes items like additional foam or down pillows, extra towels or a non-down blanket or duvet.
- Food & Beverage: This section is customized by each participating hotel and can include anything from snacks to cookies to beer.
- Miscellaneous: The miscellaneous section includes locally-inspired foods, travel comforts and upgrades. You can score a mini fridge, rollaway bed or even a beach club membership in this category. A few examples of miscellaneous items are:
- Bath Butler: Enjoy a gentleman’s retreat at the Hilton Lac Leamy, Quebec, Canada, with a stress-relieving, pH balanced foam bath especially prepared for men’s skin and enriched with vegetal sources. This package also includes chocolate truffles, cogniac and bath accessories.
- Birthday Surprise: Plan a no-hassle birthday at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio in San Antonio, Texas, with a “Happy Birthday” Mylar balloon and accent balloons, a celebratory bottle of house Champagne or wine and two slices of chocolate cake.
- St. Louis Cardinals Package: By far the coolest thing in the program, you can score a room with a stadium view, a Major League Baseball Cardinals hat, two baseball Pilsner glasses, two Bud Lights and bags of popcorn and peanuts. What else could a girl ask for?
- Kids Crayon Bath Set: Get sudsy with this fun bath set for kids at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Destin, Fla., which includes shampoo and conditioner, bubble bath, hand soap and body lotion in a variety of kid-friendly scents, such as blueberry, bubble gum and green apple.
- Bubble Bath Romance Package: This, the second best offering I’ve seen provides you with a romantic weekend with a pathway of rose petals that leads to a bathroom with soft-sparkling lights, a bottle of Champagne, three long-stem roses, six chocolate covered strawberries and two Yukata robes at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort & Spa in Waikoloa, Hawaii. It’s a little more romantic if the guy does all the work himself, but if you’re short on time or arriving together, this will work.
You can make these arrangements through Hilton’s website. After making your reservation, you’ll have the option to connect to the Hilton Requests Upon Arrival menu from their Hilton.com reservation confirmation or pre-arrival e-mails. In addition, HHonors members can place or modify their order through their HHonors Travel Planner page.
Hilton Requests Upon Arrival is scheduled to expand to Doubletree Hotels, a member of The Hilton Family of Hotels and maker of fabulous cookies, some time this winter.