Air India is one of two nationally-owned airlines in India, but this is the one that also holds the distinction of being the country’s national airline. And once you hear that the airline’s slogan is “Your Palace in the Sky,” you won’t be surprised to hear that First Class on Air India is quite nice, indeed.
The cabin configuration you find upon boarding an Air India flight can vary depending on the route you’re traveling and the aircraft itself, so for the purposes of this article we’re going to concentrate on the First Class cabin features and services that are at the highest level. You’re more likely to experience the top level of First Class on Air India when you’re traveling on long-haul flights.
Seat & Bed
- Seats recline to a fully flat position (horizontal with the floor) for maximum comfort
- On some planes, all seats have aisle access
- Seats are 23-inches wide between the armrests
Food & Beverages
- Menus offer a choice between three dining options on each flight
- Complimentary cocktails and selection of fine wines available throughout the flight
- Meals served on Royal Doulton fine china
- Indian cuisine available
- Each seat has a personal video screen
- Air India is upgrading to an on-demand entertainment system
- First Class cabins are fitted with plush carpeting
- First Class passengers get priority check-in and can take advantage of Air India lounges where available
photo by kapil_b