First Class on All Nippon Airways
Many travelers are familiar with Japan Airlines, the largest of the Japan-based carriers, but the other big airline based in Japan is All Nippon Airways – otherwise known as ANA. Although it’s not a household name in many parts of the world, if you’re traveling to or from Japan for work then it’s worth looking into a flight on ANA – if for no other reason than First Class on All Nippon Airways is high class, indeed.
As is the case with many larger airlines, First Class on All Nippon Airways will differ slightly depending on the aircraft your flight is on. The good news, however, is that all First Class cabins on All Nippon Airways have the same seat styles – so although the configuration may be a bit different from flight to flight, once you sink into the seat you likely won’t notice a difference at all.
The newest First Class cabins on All Nippon Airways do include one major upgrade – surrounding the already-luxe seats is a set of mini-walls to create a fairly private cabin setting around your seat. Even if your flight doesn’t have those, however, the old First Class seats do have a shell-like casing that creates a bit of privacy, too.
Seat & Bed
- Seats recline to a fully flat position (horizontal to the floor)
- Seats are 33″ wide
- Seats are enclosed in a plastic shell for increased privacy, especially when reclined
- All seats have aisle access, regardless of cabin configuration
Food & Beverages
- Menus include Japanese dishes and other cuisine from the West
- Menus change regularly to highlight seasonal ingredients
- Selection of fine wines (including Japanese wines) available on each flight
- Specialty drinks are featured throughout the year
- Each seat has a personal video screen
- On-demand entertainment includes movies, TV shows, audio books, and other audio programming
- Noise cancelling headphones are available for each passenger
- In the newest First Class cabins, passengers receive sleeping pajamas and slippers
- Complimentary amenity kits include tooth brush set, mouth wash, eye mask, ear plugs, hand cream, and lip balm
- Each seat has a universal power port for plugging in eletronics