British Airways calls its First Class simply First – simple and to the point – and the emphasis is most definitely on making you feel like kings and queens. After all, the Brits know a thing or two about royalty.
It should be noted that the British Airways website says they’re currently in the midst of a redesign of First Class, so the information contained here could be changing – for the better, one would assume. Although it’s not like First Class on British Airways isn’t great already.
Your First experience can begin even before you board the plane, depending on the airport you’re flying from. There are 70 British Airways lounges around the world, and 170 more that partner airlines let BA First passengers use. If you’d really like to sleep as soon as you get on the plane, you can even enjoy pre-flight dining in the First lounges. And at London’s Heathrow Airport, the new Concorde Room in Terminal 5 is so nice you might not want to leave.
Want more? You’ll get more with First on British Airways. There’s a dedicated phone number for people who are booked into First Class that gets you priority service on any issue or question you have. And British Airways has partnered with a personal concierge service called Quintessentially to help you plan those last-minute dinners at Michelin restaurants.
Seat & Bed
- Seats are called “demi-cabins” with small divider walls for privacy
- A specially-designed mattress fits over your fully-flat reclined seat for a bed that’s more than 6′ long
- 400 thread count Egyptian cotton duvet & pillow
- Turn-down service available
Food & Beverages
- Champagne cocktail upon boarding
- Formal dining service from a la carte menu
- Informal “side service” also available if you prefer to work or relax during dinner service
- Personal TV screen with an on-demand library of movies, TV shows, and video games
- On-demand music library including more than 50 CDs and audio books
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Complimentary Anya Hindmarch amenity bags with toiletries by D.R. Harris
- For those who want to sleep as much as possible, a small continental breakfast can be served closer to landing time