First Class on SWISS International Airlines
Upon first glance, First Class on SWISS International Airlines might be confused for an office full of cubicles. Well, cubicles without desks. In any case, it’s certainly not what you’d expect from a cabin on an airplane – and that’s a good thing.
The sleek newly designed First Class cabins on SWISS International Airlines are not available on all flights – they’re currently on the Airbus A330-300 aircraft. It’s this new First Class cabin that we’re going to focus on for the description below, but rest assured that First Class on other SWISS flights still surpasses most expectations when it comes to comfort, luxury, and elegance.
The list below reflects what you’ll find in the newly redesigned SWISS First cabins – for information about what other First Class cabins on SWISS aircraft are like, check underneath the list at the bottom of the post.
Seat & Bed
- Seat reclines to a fully-flat position (horizontal with the floor)
- Seats are 22″ wide
- Seats are in mini-suites with walls on three sides and a small retractable screen for additional privacy
- An ottoman across from main seat in each mini-suite is perfect for a dinner companion or business meeting
- All seats have aisle access
Food & Beverages
- Passengers may dine at any time during the flight
- Meals of up to seven courses available
- Meals served on fine bone china
- Fresh coffee from Nespresso machine available during flight
- Selection of fine wines available
- Each seat has personal 23″ screen with on-demand movies, TV shows, video games, and audio programming
- Special kids programming includes childrens’ movies, games, and music
- Each seat has USB port (can load data from your iPod or iPhone directly onto personal video player)
- Each seat has oulet for using/charging laptop or other electronic device
- Complimentary amenity kit includes socks, sleep mask, toothbrush, toothpaste, ear plugs
- Passengers receive slippers and toiletries made by La Prairie
- Swiss cheeses and chocolates are available to snack on
On any aircraft but the Airbus A330-300, you’ll still get top-notch service from SWISS First. The seats still recline to a fully-flat (horizontal with the floor) position, and each seat still has aisle access. There are also ottomans in the other aircraft cabin configurations so that you can have a colleague join you comfortably for a business meeting or a travel partner join you for a meal.
Speaking of meals, you’ll still get the same meal service on other SWISS flights as is described above. Entertainment options are largely similar, with on-demand movies, TV shows, video games, and audio programs available – the video games aren’t as high-tech in other SWISS aircraft, however, and you may not have a USB port for your iPod. Most notable, perhaps, is that instead of a 23″ screen you have a 10.4″ screen in the other Airbus aircraft.