As soon as “flashpacking” became a more common word among long-term travelers, the number of netbooks – those tiny, travel-friendly laptops – increased dramatically. But while there are plenty of great netbooks for traveling that round-the-world travelers drool over, the question is whether these little computers are suitable for business travel.
The ASUS Eee PC is one of the best netbook brands on the market, and the newest model – the ASUS Eee PC 1015PED – boasts some nice upgrades from the last version. This model offers up to 13 hours of battery life, which is a huge plus on such a little machine.
The 10.1″ screen makes the overall size of the ASUS Eee PC extremely portable, and if you’re not planning to use lots of memory-hogging programs (or, let’s face it, do any gaming or movie-watching in your down-time) it could be a great option for you. Surfing the web and using basic programs like word processing and spreadsheets is all quick on the ASUS Eee PC.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Technical & Product Details
- Size – 9.96 inches, 2.64 inches, 12.09 inches
- Weight – 4.52 pounds
- 1.83 GHz Intel Atom processor
- 1GB DDR3 RAM, 1 SODIMM Slot, 2GB Max
- 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) + 500GB Free Web Storage
- 0.3MP Webcam
- Intel GMA 3150 graphics card
- 6 cell battery for up to 13 Hours of Battery Life
- Windows 7 Starter Operating System (32 bit)
- 10.1″ 1024X600 WSVGA Matte Finish LED Display
- 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 3.0