Cingular Wireless launched its new 3D, PDA based GPS navigation system today with the Nokia E62. On sale now for prices as low as $99.00, this baby will do everything short of driving the car for you. From locating cheap gas to finding a Wi-Fi hotspot to determining where you parked your car, I think the E62 could actually find a needle in a haystack. The GPS subscription is pretty standard at $9.99 a month for unlimited trips.
- Voice and onscreen turn-by-turn directions – Users may enter or call in a destination and TeleNav GPS Navigator computes the route. During the drive, users get up-to-the minute guidance and will automatically be re-routed if you miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences including highways and streets.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Biz Finder – Allows users to find businesses and services, including Wi-Fi hotspots, ATMs, restaurants, hotels, gas stations and easily navigate to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to quickly look up and call the phone number for a business.
- Fuel Finder – Allows users to save money by finding the lowest gas prices within a five-mile or wider radius.
- Spot Marker – Helps users easily find their car wherever it is parked it, such as in a large parking lot or on an unfamiliar downtown street.
- Pedestrian Mode – Allows users to use TeleNav GPS Navigator while they are walking to help guide them on long walks or through crowded downtown streets. (I could have used this one a few times in downtown Chicago to find my way back to the L station)
- My Favorites – Allows users to save addresses for easy access later.