Even if you travel often for work, that doesn’t mean that every single meeting you attend has to be done in person. And yet so many businesses have employees scattered all over the place – which is why online meeting software is so popular with many companies today.
Perhaps the most popular online meeting software is GoToMeeting by Citrix. It’s been around since 2004, making it one of the older remote meeting tools available, and it’s incredibly user-friendly. It does have its drawbacks, however, partly due to its simplicity, but if your remote meetings are relatively small and you don’t require many bells and whistles it’s likely to include everything you need without forcing you to pay for lots of extras you don’t need.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Notably absent from GoToMeeting’s feature list is actual video conferencing, but if that’s not something you need then you won’t miss it. Other online meeting tools incorporate a “white board” element, too, which can be handy in a meeting – and which GoToMeeting doesn’t have. GoToMeeting has a great reputation for reliability, however, and that helps keep users loyal.
- Cost: $49/month (free 30-day trial); $468/year (20% savings)
- Capacity: 15 attendees maximum (GoToMeeting Corporate allows for up to 25 attendees with multiple organizer option)
- Compatible With: Explorer 6.0 & above, Firefox 2.0 & above, Safari 3.0 & above
- Audio Options: GoToMeeting Version 4 now includes VoIP integration in addition to toll-based phone option (toll-free option available for a fee base on minutes used per month, or a pay-as-you-go deal)
- Video Options: N/A
- Desktop Sharing Options: full desktop sharing, with “drawing” tools
- Recording Options: record meetings, including all phone and VoIP audio
- Technical Support: support available via email, website, and toll-free phone numbers
- Encryption: encryption security includes optional passwords