* Location: St. Charles, New Orleans, Louisiana
* Open For: Lunch, Dinner
* Under Review: Dinner
* Category: Casual
* Price Range: Medium
* Fare: Steakhouse
* This meal cost $30 – $40 per person.
* Including tip? Yes
* Including wine? No
* Food Score (out of 10): 10
* Service Score (out of 10): 10
* Reservations: Weekends
* BT Blog Recommends?: Enthusiastically!
* Booking Information:
1755 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
* Other Information: Formerly Houston’s
* Also Reviewed In: Google
* Review: This is the home of the perfect tuna steak. That piece of fish may have been the greatest thing to ever happen to me. It was a special, so it isn’t available 365, but everything at Gulfstream was great. I know because I was pilfering from my friend’s plates. The smoked trout dip on the appetizer menu was to-die-for. If you like Jazz, you can hear the New Orleans Garden District Orchestra and the David Hansen Trio to Septet from Tuesday to Saturday. Even in a city known for amazing cuisine, I would definitely make Gulfstream a stop.
For other restaurant news in New Orleans, check out New Orleans On-Line.