Boca Raton is gearing up for the second annual Festival of the Arts Boca (FAB) to take place from February 29 to March 16, 2008. FAB, I even love the name! According to the press release, “The 2008 Festival of the Arts BOCA is ambitious and undoubtedly will be well received by international music and literary enthusiasts.” Hmmm. Sounds like as good reason to schedule a trip to the area as any. I’m a girl who likes a festival. What can you expect from FAB?
FAB is a seventeen day festival held at the Count de Hoernle Amphitheater in fabulous Boca Raton. FAB will feature “only the top names in classical, opera, jazz and Latin music, while literary discussions and readings will showcase some of the world’s most recognized and award winning authors.” Sounds fancy.
Here’s the lineup:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- The Russian National Orchestra (under the direction of Teodor Currentzis, Music Director of Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theatre; along with Claus Peter Flor)
- Renee Fleming (soprano)
- Lang Lang (pianist)
- Joshua Bell (Grammy award winning violinist)
- The 5 Browns (virtuoso sibling pianists)
- Conrad Tao (youth pianist)
Sir James and Lady Jeanne Galway (flutists)
- Chuck Corea (Grammy winning guitarist
- Gary Burton (five-time Grammy winning vibraphonist)
- Pat Metheny (guitarist)
- Joyce Carol Oates (Nobel Prize nominee)
- Doris Kearns Goodwin (Pulitzer Prize winning historian)
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend (stateswoman)
- David Ebershoff (publishing director of The Modern Library and author of The Danish Girl)
- Ann Patchett (PEN/Faulkner Award winner and author of Bel Canto
Not really my scene, musically speaking, but to each their own.
“As a City, we are extremely excited to host and be involved in helping to create this world-class event which, I am sure, will easily come to compare with major festivals of its kind the world over. This year’s extraordinary pairing of exceptional music and literature is certain to further put us on the map,” states City Councilman Peter R. Baronoff.
For more information visit FestivalOfTheArtsBoca.org or call (866) 571-2787 for tickets.