The TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express is a credit card designed for Costco members only who have average credit and who want to benefit from the company’s cash back rewards program.
- Our rating: B
- Interest rate: purchase APR is 13.24%
- Earning rewards: cash rebates between 1% and 3% of purchases, depending on the location where the card is used
- Reward options: cash rebates
- Click here for more Details and to Apply
The cash rebate varies depending on what you purchase with your TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express and there is no limit to the amount of cash you can earn.
- 1% for general purchases
- 2% for any travel-related purchases such as airline, lodging, car rental, cruise line, travel agency and tour operators;
- 3% for restaurant and gas purchases (at Costco and domestic stand-alone gas stations, excluding the purchases at supermarkets, superstores and warehouse clubs other than Costco).
In addition to these, the card also offers some of the general facilities that American Express cards come with: purchase protection, auto rental insurance and travel accident insurance.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
There is no annual fee for the Costco members and the APR is 0% for the first 3 months, then it’s only 13.24%. The 1.99% introductory rate is available on balance transfers for the first six months if a transfer is submitted during the first 40 days. The grace period for repayment of the balance is 20 days for purchases. The fee for cash advances is 3% of each transaction but no less than $5.00. The wire transfer fee is $15.
TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express is an excellent card if you are looking to obtain cash rebates and its only disadvantage is that you need to be a Costco member in order to apply for the card.
If the TrueEarnings Card from Costco and American Express card isn’t the one for you, read about the many other many other options in both travel rewards and airmile credit cards.