AirTran Airways Upgraded A+ Rewards
AirTran Airways, just announced new upgrades for its A+ Rewards frequent flier program “as part of the airline’s mission to provide more options and benefits for its most loyal passengers.” While every one of the major airlines in the U.S. is devaluing their programs, this news is a breath of fresh air.
- Elite members may be upgraded to Business Class at the gate starting 40 minutes prior to departure, regardless of fare class purchased and based on availability. The elite member may take along a friend, provided the flight is booked on the same reservation.
- Elite members and A2B corporate customers will be given priority standby status.
- Elite members will have a dedicated phone number for calls and questions regarding the A+ Rewards program, reservations or miles redemptions.
- Elite members will have the same privileges as Summit members when traveling on partner Frontier Airlines.
- As of February 1, 2009, A + Vouchers for A + Rewards flights will no longer be available. A + Rewards credits will only be redeemable for flights or upgrades.
Happy traveling and enjoy the heck out of your elite status!