American Express New Membership Rewards Levels
American Express has introduced new Membership Rewards program levels, which are associated with specific Card products. These levels are designed to better meet Cardmember lifestyle and reward program usage needs. Today, American Express Cardmembers will participate in one of three Membership Rewards program levels based on the Credit or Charge Card they have in their wallet. For Cardmembers with American Express Credit Cards, including Blue, the company has created the Membership Rewards Express program. American Express Charge Cardmembers with American Express Green and Gold Cards will have the Membership Rewards program. Platinum Card members and Centurion Cardmembers will be enrolled in the Membership Rewards First program. In addition, the company has announced a number of new, innovative features across all levels of the Membership Rewards program, including Points Advance, as well as an expanded list of Membershi Rewards Partners.
Membership Rewards Express (for Cardmembers with Credit cards, including Blue):
- Easily attainable retail, dining, entertainment and select travel rewards
- Ability to earn points faster and more easily by shopping at BonusPointsMall.com, where Cardmembers can earn double points year-round at more than 160 online retailers
- Access to the new Express RewardsSM Hotel Card that allows Cardmembers to redeem points for a prepaid card valued at $25, $50 or $100, which can be used toward everything from hotel spa services and gift shop purchases to an entire stay at participating lodging locations at Marriott® and Radisson Hotels & Resorts® properties
- Features such as the Pay with Points option, which allows Cardmembers to instantly redeem Membership Rewards points for all or part of the cost of any airline ticket, hotels, cruises and travel packages without blackout dates or restrictions when booking travel at www.membershiprewards.com/paywithpoints
- Ability to earn double points when booking travel through the American Express Travel website
- Access to rewards from more than 140 desirable Membership Rewards Partners such as Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster, Crate and Barrel, Gap, The Home Depot, Pottery Barn, and newly added casual dining category partners
Membership Rewards (American Express Green and Gold Charge Cardmembers):
- Ability to transfer points to more than 20 frequent flyer and frequent guest accounts to redeem for flight or hotel stays
- Ability to redeem points for travel certificates for additional airlines and hotels, as well as for cruises, car rental and adventure travel packages
- Access to Flight Finder and Room Finder, the program’s recently launched one-of-a-kind booking tools that enable Cardmembers to search, transfer points and book reward travel all in one single online transaction with participating frequent flyer and frequent guest programs. Participating partners include AirTran Airways, the Hilton HHonors Program and Priority Club Rewards, with more great partners to come.
- All the same Membership Rewards Partners and program features available through Membership Rewards Express
Membership Rewards First (for Platinum and Centurion charge card members):
- Exclusive access to an assortment of luxury partners through First Collection, a private portfolio of rewards from premium brands in jewelry and watches, high-end fashion, distinguished lifestyle, and world-class travel. Partners include EOS Airlines, Lamborghini, Monarch Billiards, Neiman Marcus, The Ritz-Carlton, Tiffany & Co., and Premier Cru vintage wines – a classification reserved for only the very best wines from the Bordeaux region of France
- Dedicated 800 customer service number
- Ability to earn triple points year-round on purchases made through BonusPointsMall.com
- All the same reward partners and program features available through Membership Rewards Express and Membership Rewards
To learn more about the new benefits and services of the new program levels, please visit www.membershiprewards.com/tier/tierComparison/tierComparison.aspx.