America’s Best Inns & Country Hearth Inns EcoRooms
America’s Best Inns and Country Hearth Inns have launched a new eco-initiative with their new EcoRooms. EcoRooms will provide guests with a place to stay that use products that are energy efficient, water efficient, waste reducing, and non-toxic and/or biodegradable. Hmm.
“EcoRooms are more comfortable for guests and more cost-effective for hotels,” said Doug Collins, chairman and CEO of America’s Best Franchising, Inc. and its subsidiaries. “This is a win-win program for everyone because green is good for guests, good for the environment and good for the bottom line.”
Here’s what you get:
• Cleaning products are odorless and guestrooms are fragrance-free.
• Shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion amenities are natural and hypoallergenic.
• Showerheads are vibrant and revitalizing.
• Lighting is superior for easier reading and there are motion sensor nightlights.
• Guests feel good about being environmentally-correct.
Here’s what the Earth gets:
• Cleaning and maintenance supplies are non-toxic.
• Amenities dispensers, used instead of plastic bottles, reduce waste.
• Sinks, showers and toilets are all water-efficient with special showerheads, sink aerators and diverter valves.
• Lighting is energy-efficient and there are digital programmable thermostats.
• Hotels adopt a linen and towel re-use program.
• Recycling receptacles for paper and plastic products are placed throughout the hotel.
Good stuff. Hopefully this “green” trend will pay off in the long run and properties will keep the initiatives going.