Portland Square Hotel: 60-Second Review
* Accommodation Name: Portland Square Hotel
* Acccommodation Type: Hotel
* Location: Manhattan, New York, New York
* Number of Stars: 2-Star
* Breakfast? No
* Staff Friendliness (out of 10): 5
* Staff Competence (out of 10): 6
* Room Options: Single, Double, 3 Bed Suite, 4 Bed Suite
* Room comfort level (out of 10): 3
* Noisy? No
* Does the TV remote work?: Yes
* AC/Heat?: Yes
* Pool? No
* Concierge? No
* Restaurant? No
* Conference facilities? No
* location, location, location.
* Value for money? Yes
* BT Logue Recommends? Enthusiastically!
* Booking Information: Check BootsnAll
* Website: Portland Square Hotel
* Extended Review: I love this little place 1/2 a block off Times Square in the Theater District of Manhattan in the Big Apple. Just because you’re in “the city” for business doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun. From this location, you can walk to many of the major tourist sites in NYC, including Times Square, Broadway, Rockafeller Center and St. Pat’s Cathedral. You can still enjoy wifi in the room, but you won’t get a free continental breakfast. There is a subway station nearby to get you wherever you need to go for work. BE SURE YOU DON’T GET ON THE EXPRESS TRAIN (unless you want to). I don’t have any great advice on how to avoid the express trains, but they can be a huge headache if you’re on a schedule. Want to take a cab instead? The hotel in on a kind-of quiet side street, but you can walk a block and find taxis galore.