Business Class on bmi
While budget travelers may be familiar with the bmibaby airline based in England, they may not realize that this discount carrier is a subsidiary of a larger airline that’s definitely not a budget airline – bmi. Not to say that bmi doesn’t have competitively-priced flights, but whereas you’ll find coach seating only on bmibaby there is such a thing as Business Class on bmi.
There are some long-haul flights in bmi’s route map, including some from England to the United States, but for the most part bmi is an airline that concentrates on European destinations. So rather than having two upper classes, bmi has only Economy and Business Class. While bmi Business Class isn’t as luxurious as some Business Class cabins on other airlines, it’s still a significant upgrade from coach. And because of bmi’s history of having a large percentage of its customers being Business Class passengers, you can book with confidence knowing they know how to treat their Business Class clientele.
The Business Class on bmi cabin configuration doesn’t change depending on the aircraft, so the information below is applicable to almost all bmi flights. The exception is on “The Manchester” service flights, which have a premium Business Class seat option available.
Seat & Bed
- Seats recline 160° (so not lie-flat or fully-flat)*
- Seats provide 50 inches of legroom for each passenger
- Seats are 26 inches wide
- Seats are upholstered in leather
- Seats have electronically-controlled lumbar support
Food & Beverages
- Meals vary depending on your route, and for some destinations there are dishes from that country on the menu
- Complimentary food and beverages are available at all times, even outside meal times
- A selection of fine wines is available on most flights
- Each passenger has a personal 15″ monitor with on-demand video and audio programming
- On-demand options include 11 movie channels, 9 TV channels, and 16 audio channels
- Entertainment also includes Nintendo and PC video games
- Each seat has powerports available for laptops or other electronic equipment
- Complimentary amenity kit includes toiletries and eye mask
- Complimentary kit for children includes things to keep them entertained in-flight
* Note that on flights to/from Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dammam, as well as flights from Manchester to the Caribbean and United States, some of the seats do recline to a lie-flat position.