Business Class on Continental Airlines
There are two types of Business Class service on Continental Airlines, both of which are very nice. One is called Latin Business Class, but unlike what the name might suggest it’s not just restricted to flights to Latin America from the U.S. In fact, this is the service on transcontinental flights across the U.S. as well as flights to and from Hawaii.
The other type of Business Class on Continental Airlines also comes with a semi-confusing name – BusinessFirst. Is it Business Class? Is it First Class? The bottom line is that it’s a huge step up from coach. BusinessFirst is the service on Continental flights between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and “southern” South America.
In this article, we’ll go over what BusinessFirst is like, and then at the bottom of the page you’ll find information about what’s different in “Latin Business Class.”
Seat & Bed
- Degree of seat recline depends on the aircraft, ranges from 156° to 170°
- Coming in 2011-2012, the BusinessFirst “Flat-bed Seat” will recline fully 180°, horizontal to the floor, and to a bed length of 6.5′
- Armrests stow completely for more room when sleeping
- Small divider screen provides privacy from seat next to you
Food & Beverages
- Menus are created to suit the route, so each route has a different menu
- A selection of premium wines and champagne available
- “Executive Meal Option” lets you eat whenever you like so you can continue working or sleeping during scheduled meal times
- Personal video screen at each seat, including on-demand video and audio
- Power outlets for electronics at each seat, including different plug styles (no adapter needed)
- Power dock for iPod
- Complimentary amenity kit includes Escents Aromatherapy products
Latin Business Class on Continental features many of the same amenities – larger seats that recline further, better food and drinks with more choices (that are also complimentary), and nicer entertainment options. On many flights you’ll also get freshly baked cookies, which is always a nice touch.