Cingular Wireless Debuts New 3D PDA Based GPS Navigation System
Cingular Wireless launched its new 3D, PDA based GPS navigation system today with the Nokia E62. On sale now for prices as low as $99.00, this baby will do everything short of driving the car for you. From locating cheap gas to finding a Wi-Fi hotspot to determining where you parked your car, I think the E62 could actually find a needle in a haystack. The GPS subscription is pretty standard at $9.99 a month for unlimited trips.
- Voice and onscreen turn-by-turn directions – Users may enter or call in a destination and TeleNav GPS Navigator computes the route. During the drive, users get up-to-the minute guidance and will automatically be re-routed if you miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences including highways and streets.
- Biz Finder – Allows users to find businesses and services, including Wi-Fi hotspots, ATMs, restaurants, hotels, gas stations and easily navigate to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to quickly look up and call the phone number for a business.
- Fuel Finder – Allows users to save money by finding the lowest gas prices within a five-mile or wider radius.
- Spot Marker – Helps users easily find their car wherever it is parked it, such as in a large parking lot or on an unfamiliar downtown street.
- Pedestrian Mode – Allows users to use TeleNav GPS Navigator while they are walking to help guide them on long walks or through crowded downtown streets. (I could have used this one a few times in downtown Chicago to find my way back to the L station)
- My Favorites – Allows users to save addresses for easy access later.