Traveling First Class is always a good thing, but with some airlines it’s a better experience than others. One of the airlines that is regularly noted for its top-notch First Class service is Emirates Airline – it’s the national airline of the UAE, but Emirates routes cover major (and some not-so-major) airports all over the world.
When you fly First Class on Emirates, your First Class experience begins long before you board a plane. At a few airports, you can take advantage of chauffeur service to and from the airport, and there are luxurious Emirates Lounges at several of the bigger airports in the Emirates route network.
In this article, however, we’re going to focus on the First Class cabin experience on Emirates.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Seat & Bed
- Seat reclines to a fully-flat horizontal position for maximum sleeping comfort
- All seats have aisle access
- There are no overhead storage bins in First Class for maximum headroom
- Individually-controlled “doors” you can close to your seat, turning it into a “suite”
Food & Beverages
- Lunch & dinner both include 7 courses (full menu available at meal times, a la carte selections available whenever you want to eat)
- Meals served on bone china on tables covered with fine linen and a vase with fresh flowers
- Delicacies like caviar are available on some flights
- Wines served on board are chosen because they stand up to the specific climates on planes
- Each seat has personal video screen with on-demand movies, TV shows, music, and video games
- Entertainment available in several languages
- Each seat has a satellite phone, SMS, and email capabilities
- On some Emirates planes (Airbus A380s), there are onboard showers on the upper deck
- Some planes also have a First Class Social Area with a bar and a small menu