Michael Waltrip Racing Auction
Best Western Hotels, one of which is incidentally my present location, is currently offering a sweet promotion for you NASCAR fans out there. I know about as much about NASCAR as I do about quantum physics (very little), but I think this is a pretty fun deal. Have you ever wanted to boss around your own race team? Best Western is ready to make it happen. In partnership with NASCAR and Michael Waltrip Racing, the hotel is offering one lucky fan the chance to be two-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip for a day.
Here’s how it works. Beginning September 8, you can visit the Best Western “Fan Swap” auction on eBay to head over to Charlotte, North Carolina to work as Michael Waltrip for one day. What’s Mikey going to do with all that spare time? He’s going to travel to your home town to be you. I know, it’s like a redneck version of that show Wife Swap.
Proceeds from the “Fan Swap” auction will benefit World Vision, Best Western’s “official humanitarian partner dedicated to providing food, clean water and education to children, worldwide.”
The Details. The auction will begin on Monday, September 8 at 8:00 p.m. EST and will end Thursday, September 18 at 8:00 p.m. EST. If you can’t wait that long, you can check out www.auctionjam.com/fanswap to pre-register for the auction and have a look at the official rules and regulations.
- Roundtrip airfare to Charlotte, lodging and local transportation
- VIP experience at Raceworld USA, the headquarters of Michael Waltrip Racing
- Attend a live taping of Michael Waltrip’s XM Satellite Radio show
- Lunch with Waltrip and David Reutimann (now, I’m not sure how that’s supposed to happen when he’s back in Springfield doing your job that day, but I’m sure the smart people at Best Western have worked it out)
- Ride-along with Reutimann at the Richard Petty Driving Experience in Charlotte
- Official Michael Waltrip racing gear
“If fans think they can keep up with the grueling schedule of a driver and team owner, I encourage them to bid for the chance to swap jobs with me for a day,” Waltrip said. “Strap on your helmet and buckle up, because this will be one experience one race fan won’t soon forget!”
It’s a hotel auction that has not a thing to do with points. That means anyone can win, even if you haven’t racked up hundred of thousands of Gold Crown Club points. Good luck!