Restaurant Review: Monte’s Steak & Seafood in Jackson, Mississippi
* Name: Monte’s Steak & Seafood
* Location: 1855 Lakeland Drive
* Open For: Lunch, Dinner
* Under Review: Dinner
* Price Range: Medium
* Fare: New Orleans Style Steak & Seafood
* This meal cost $15 to $25 per person.
* Including tip? Yes
* Food Score (out of 10): 8
* Service Score (out of 10): 10
* Reservations: Yes
* BT Blog Recommends?: Definitely
* Booking Information:
1855 Lakeland Drive, Ste. N-10
Jackson, MS 39216
* Website: https://www.chefmonte.com/
* Review: Monte’s Steak & Seafood in the Quarter is serving up New Orleans style steak and seafood minutes from downtown in Jackson, Mississippi2007. I had the Crescent City Redfish and it was awfully yummy. Like any self-respecting New Orleans style restaurant, they fill you up on tasty bread and salad before you even see your entree. The very best part of Monte’s is Monte himself. He greets incoming customers with “We’re glad you’re here” upon entry of this wonderfully decorated establishment. I’ve never felt so welcome in an eating establishment in my life. I had the pleasure of talking with Monte for a while at the bar. He grew up in Nigeria and moved to Jackson for college, where he married and had children. He is such an interesting and cultured man, you should really take the opportunity to talk with him if it presents itself.
On the nights when the air in Jackson isn’t so thick it could drown a person, Monte’s offers a gorgeous small patio for dining. I LOVE eating on the patio.