Starwood Hotels $75 Food & Beverage Credit
American Express Gold Card Members can expect some great deals at Starwood Hotels with a new program through the Gold Card Destinations Program. Gold Card Members will now receive a $75 food and beverage credit when they book a stay of two or more consecutive nights at more than 500 Starwood properties around the world, including W Hotels, Westin Hotels & Resorts, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts and Sheraton Hotels & Resorts.
How do you get in on the deal? Through the Gold Card Destinations program, which is a free travel benefits program offered to American Express Gold Card members. To get in on the action, you have to book your stay through American Express by visiting your local American Express Travel Service office or by calling (888) 559-5576.
“We are always looking for new ways to give Card members more travel choices and add valuable extras that will make their journeys even more memorable,” said Christopher Fred, Vice President, Gold Card, American Express. “With the addition of the Starwood Hotel benefit, Gold Card members can now take advantage of added savings at hundreds of hotels every time they book a stay at one of the participating Starwood properties.”
This program offers all sorts of benefits for Gold Card members, including the following:
- Upgraded Experiences and Valuable Extras: Members have access to amenities valued at $100-$150 on virtually any trip, value-added vacation package or cruise from select American Express Gold Tour and Gold Cruise partners, such as Abercrombie & Kent, American Express Vacations, Brendan Worldwide Vacations, Classic Vacations, Smithsonian Journeys, Ski.com, Azamara, Celebrity Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Holland America Line, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, The Yachts of Seabourn, Silversea, Uniworld and Windstar. Sample amenities include:
- Monthly Featured Offers: Members can take advantage of a collection of unique, value-enhanced travel packages with new packages are offered monthly. Current offers include:
- Smithsonian Journeys Arizona: $100 American Express gift cheque with any qualifying Smithsonian Journeys Southern Arizona Focus on Astronomy tour. Package includes an exclusive visit to Smithsonian’s Whipple Observatory and hands-on telescope viewing from dark desert sites. Few places on earth offer better opportunities to study astronomy than the ultra-clear skies of southern Arizona. Plus, Gold Card members receive an additional $100 credit at Smithsonian’s online bookstore.
- Signature California Wine Country: Book any 2008 Signature California Wine Country journey with Abercrombie & Kent and receive a complimentary lunch for two including a glass of local California wine. Plus, Gold Card members receive a $100 credit to Abercrombie and Kent’s online store to buy clothing or accessories for the trip on qualifying vacations.
- Gold Card Events: Card members can access a variety of deluxe vacation packages paired with Gold Card Events tickets to some of the most sought-after events, such as concerts, sporting and other events. This benefit provides Card members with access to some of the best seats, often before they go on sale to the general public. For more information, Card members can view a complete listing of current and upcoming events, and sign up for the Gold Card Events weekly email at www.americanexpress.com/entertainment. Samples of current offers include:
- Stay two nights at Caesars Palace in fabulous Las Vegas and receive two tickets to see Cher perform live in concert.
- Attend the prestigious 2008 Ryder Cup Golf event. Accommodations at the Griffin Gate Marriott® Resort & Spa. Includes two tickets to Ryder Cup, access to the grounds at Valhalla Golf Club with admission to the fully catered American Express hospitality tent, and transportation between the course and Griffin Gate Marriott® Resort & Spa.
- Additional Savings and Value: Card members booking a Gold Card Destinations vacation package can earn double Membership Rewards points and, when booking a qualifying vacation of $3,000 or more, are eligible to receive the Card member Annual Travel Benefit4, a $100 statement credit to their Card account.
In addition to travel offers, the website provides a variety of travel-related resources and tools that can help Card members with travel planning, including a list of American Express Travel Specialists. On the site, Card members can also sign up to receive the monthly electronic Gold Card Destinations newsletter and view a complete list of all the benefits and services offered on their Gold Card.