Today is ‘Take Back Your Time’ Day
According to timeday.org, Take Back Your Time is a major U.S./Canadian initiative to challenge the epidemic of overwork, over-scheduling and time famine that now threatens our health, our families and relationships, our communities and our environment. The idea is that we, as Americans and Canadians, work way too much. We work quite a bit more than our European counterparts and we should slow it down a bit.
Today is the day to celebrate that initiative. Obviously, you aren’t working too hard if you’re reading my blog righ now, but I’d like to propose some ways to celebrate today:
- Sleep in for a few hours.
- Take a REALLY long lunch with friends or co-workers.
- Leave work early for happy hour.
- Take the afternoon off and play golf, go jogging, fishing whatever it is that you love to do.
- Do the tourist stuff you never get to do because you work too much.
- Go to the WORLD SERIES if you’re in St. Louis (Go Cards!).
Who cares what you do to take back your time? You have to love any holiday that gets you out of work!