Zoom Airlines – New Airline Servicing New York and London Gatwick
Zoom Airlines just introduced new London – New York flights from £129. The low-fare, full-service airline began operating flights from London Gatwick to New York JFK this week.
Zoom contends they will operate an ‘easyJet-style’ booking service with flexible one-way fares and the New York flights will offer economy and Premium economy services with designated seating, meals service and ‘plenty of frills’.
Here’s how NOT to make friends in the industry: “Zoom says it plans to become the UK’s leading low-cost Transatlantic airline providing an affordable alternative to BA and Virgin which ‘have been fleecing passengers for too long.’”
Zoom flights to New York start at £129 (so that’s approximately $260) each way, including all taxes, fees and charges. Flights are available at www.flyzoom.com or by phone on 0870 240 0055.
Zoom’s flights from London Gatwick to New York will offer:
• Year-round low-cost fares
• Full flexibility for passengers to travel when they want, with no restrictions on fares such as the need to stay a Saturday night
• Lunch time departures from Gatwick arriving NYC JFK early afternoon
• The ability to be able to change reservations for a minimal fee
• Options to buy affordable one-way tickets
• Value-for-money Premium Economy service
Zoom has operated full-service, low-cost flights from the UK to Canada for the last three years and has been granted permission to operate from London Gatwick as an official UK carrier to the United States alongside British Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
Premium Economy seats can be booked for an additional £99 one-way offering additional legroom and check-in, luggage and in-flight meal and drinks benefits.